My Summer Skin Go-To: Garnier Miracle Skin Cream | Product Review

I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again; I am a sucker for a gimmick. I love it when a product makes bold claims, and nine times out of ten, the marketing ploy works, and I make an impulse purchase. I'm basically any advertising exec's dream consumer.
Naturally, then, when I spotted reviews of Garnier's latest 'miracle skin cream', I found myself grabbing a tube from the shelves at my local Boots on my latest shopping trip, eager to see for myself how much of a 'miracle' this cream could possibly be.
I don't have much experience with Garnier's products, generally, aside from their Micellar Water (review here), which I love, and the price is a little more than I'd generally pay for this kind of product, but the cream is a lightly tinted moisturiser (think Origins' VitaZing, on the high street), which I convince myself I'll use all the time during the summer months, instead of foundation. Plus, I adore anti-ageing products, generally, so I take the £12.99 plunge.
I was vaguely horrified when I first applied the moisturiser to my skin, I must admit; it looked so orange...but, in the time it took me to reach for a face wipe, the product had had a chance to settle, and the results were, well, pretty impressive, actually. I'm not a fan of 'dewy' finishes, and Garnier's 'Miracle Cream' is far more subtle than that; it really does look like your natural skin, just slightly smoother, and with a bit of a natural glow. It's lightweight, and would be perfect for the warmer months, and can be used in place of foundation (I've been using it with just a slick of concealer for a couple of weeks, now).
In fact, the only downside I can see, at all, is that it's not particularly long-wearing, and does go a little patchy at the end of a long day. Not ideal, but then, if you're not spending a good 8 hours in your university library every day, like me, it's hardly a huge problem.

Overall?  I'd definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a light coverage base for the summer, it's very light on the skin. Not great for anyone with serious imperfections, though, or those of us who need a good 12+ hour base.
Garnier Miracle Skin Cream is available from Boots stores nationwide, or on their website, here, for an RRP of £12.99.
What's your favourite spring/summer base? Do you fall into the trap of 'gimmicky' products?
 Bloglovin'   |    Instagram    |    Twitter

6 comments:

  1. I'm really intrigued by this product. I used to love their bb cream when it first came out but then out of blue it started to look so so orange on me O.o I'll give this a swatch when I'm in Boots next time. Thanks for the review:) x

    Tereza // Cityscape Bliss: Top 5 spring pink blushers

    ReplyDelete
  2. this cream looks like a really good one ;) thanks for the great review!
    very nice blog by the way :)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet
    RUSSIAN DOLL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Garnier products so will definitely be trying this out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear, always lovely hearing from you, thanks for this excellent review, I cannot wait for this product to release here, I am definitely going to try it. May your week be filled with calm & creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this actually looks really nice, tempted! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't wear foundation but I've been looking for a nice lightweight coverage so this sounds gorgeous! I love that it gives a nice subtle glow to the skin too, I will definitely have to look into it!
    Really enjoyed reading this review by the way, very concise but well written :) x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, and I will always try my best to read through the blogs of anyone who comments me <3

If you have a question, you can also tweet me @so_divinely :)