Top 5 Health & Fitness Apps | Health Kick Series

I've been on a bit of a 'health kick', this year; clean eating, extended workouts, attempting to start a little light weight-training, upping my protein intake...2014 is the year I really decided to take things seriously, for health reasons. It hasn't been the smoothest of rides, so far, but with the ever-growing number of health & fitness apps available right on my iPhone are making it a little easier, so I figured I'd throw together a little list of my favourites, for anyone who's looking to start/continue along their own healthy journey.
My Fitness Pal
Although I'm pretty sure everyone's probably heard of this app, by now, I couldn't quite bring myself to do a health & fitness post without including it.
In case you don't know, My Fitness Pal is a website which you can use to track your calorie intake (and expenditure) every day, and this app allows you to sync your mobile to your online diary, meaning you can search and add your foods and exercise whilst on-the-go. You can also track your macros (read: carbs, proteins, and fats) daily, which is pretty handy if you're trying to build muscle etc.
The My Fitness Pal app is available for free, on iPhone, Android, Windows phones and Blackberry, here.
Blogilates
This is, by far, my favourite fitness app. Created by the founder of POPilates on YouTube, Cassey Ho, this app allows you free access to all her POP Pilates, POP HIIT, and stretching routines, all on one easy platform, as well as easy organisation of all her clean-eating recipes (which are also available on blogilates.com).
The best feature, as far as I'm concerned, however, is the inbuilt workout calendar.  For just 69p per month, you can download a 30 days' worth of recommended workouts, devised by Cassey herself, which incorporate HIIT, toning, and stretching videos, to really encourage your body to burn fat and develop muscle.
The Blogilates app is available for free, on both the iTunes App Store, here, and Android App Store, here.
Pact
Previously known as 'GymPact', it's an app which asks you to commit to working out for just 30 minutes/day, for however many days you choose to commit to. For every day you workout, you get some money, and if you miss your number of workouts for the week, you pay a penalty (the amount of which you decide). There's a motion detector, for those of us who prefer at-home workouts, or you can use the app to check in to your gym, and can sync it to a number of different apps, so you don't run the risk of your workout being discounted.
Personally, as I used to struggle to 'find time' for cardio, I find this gives me the extra incentive to workout, and generally make about $10/month just from something I should be doing, anyway.
Also allows syncing with other apps, which makes meeting your 30 minutes much easier.
Pact is free for both iPhone and Android, here.
Nike Training Club
Nike Training Club is my absolute go-to for at-home workouts that really get your heart pumping; you simply select your goal; toning, gaining strength, melting fat, and select a routine that targets the area you're most looking to work. The app lets you preview all the moves, and you complete a few rounds of circuit training (the number of which varies, depending on your workout length). The app even gives you an estimated calorie burn, and you can unlock bonus content, the more you use the app. 
The only downside to the app is that some of the workouts do ask you to use some equipment that you might not have at home - medicine balls, dumbells, etc.
Nike Training Club is available for free, from both the iTunes Store and Android App Store, here.
RunKeeper
RunKeeper is an app that allows you to use your phone's GPS to track your walking, cycling, running, swimming, skating, and rowing, amongst other activities, and tracks your distance, time, and calorie-burn. You can even sync it to your My Fitness Pal account, to automatically account for it in your daily calorie intake.
RunKeeper isfree, and is available for both Android and iPhones, here.
What are your favourite health and fitness apps? 
 Bloglovin'   |    Instagram    |    Twitter

7 comments:

  1. I love the sound of the blogilates one! I love her youtube videos and didn't know she had an app! I've been on a health kick this year too, I've not tried the nike+ training app but I'll give that a go too! I've been using the nike+ running app and runkeeper too! There's so many good ones out there to choose from, great recommendations :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is always nike training workout! <3 Nice post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Francesca, always so good to hear from you. Hows college going? I really need to try one of these apps for motivation. Many thanks for stopping by, may your week start on a high note.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you want to know more about hair transplant cost in gurgaon you may visit our website or clinic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely swear by My Fitness Pal when I'm trying to lose weight - it really helps me track when I'm eating! x

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really great post. I rarely work out, but I've been thinking about toning up a bit and I definitely would need some sort of incentive or motivator and these apps all sound great! x

    justrach.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all look so good! I definitely need some motivation when it comes to exercise, I am one of the laziest people in the world. Good on you for getting fit! xx

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, and I will always try my best to read through the blogs of anyone who comments me <3

If you have a question, you can also tweet me @so_divinely :)